Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Ordinary

Today has not been a extaordinary day in any way. No wise words of wisdom were imparted to me. No incidents of grandeur. No life altering moments that seized my soul. Only a day of daily routine. Awake at 6;15, out of bed by 6:30, and then a rousing game of "Wake the Kids"......in which I always feel like the loser...then it's off t0 the races! I guess I mention this because it seems that these ordinary days are when I am my most pensive. These ordinary days of "the same ol' routine" are surely most endearing. I have come to treasure these calculated times and miss them when twists and turns are placed in my path. You know how it is when you go on vacation or visit with friends. It's great, and you have fun, and you come home with stories to tell, and pictures to show. Yet you're always glad to be home, back to your routine. That's how it is for me, anyway. I welcome the daily grind. I bask in the simpleness of it all. I am thankful for it. I tell you all of this because it is the reason for the title of my blog site. One day, Gary and I were heading to Waynesville to hang out in the antique shops. It had been raining and cloudy when we left, but soon Gary looked up and said, "there's a pocket of blue". I don't know what it is about that phrase, but it really stuck with me. Just an ordinary day it was, but that one little "pocket of blue" made it so memorable. Maybe it was a message to me in some way, maybe it wasn't . Maybe I just liked the way it sounded. Maybe it's stupid. So I use it as my title and I really don't know why. After all, it's very ordinary.
Peace.

3 comments:

Patty Wilson said...

Wow! That was deep

MommaMonkey said...

The simple things in life are our greatest treasures!
Glad you're an official blogger now!

LZ Blogger said...

Thanks for checking in and posting on my blog. Hope to see there again! Good luck in your newly found blog travels! ~ jb///