Thursday, March 20, 2008

The B#@*! Pissed Me Off

It has rained continuously for 48 hours....enough already. Woke up to sunshine today, although a bit nippy. Who cares....give me light!
My traditional St. Patty's Day outing was another success. Celebrated the wearing of the green, listened to some bagpipers, drank a few beers (ok, a lot of beers) and pissed off my brother! See, he has this girlfriend who drives me crazy. Toward the end of the night I hear her in conversation with my sister talking about how psycho my brother's ex-wife is. The ex-wife who happens to be my friend. So I felt obliged to straighten out some information for her. Of course that entailed throwing out some facts that maybe she didn't want to hear...but damn, she pushed my buttons! Next thing I know the girl is in tears and my brother is pissed....although, if you knew the boy you would know he brought most of it on himself...well, all of it really! Such an end to what had been a glorious day. So I felt kind of bad for making her cry (even though she started it). I sent her an email to apologize for getting involved in the conversation and saying things I shouldn't have...and that after 100 beers it wasn't the time and place. WELL, girlfriend got an attitude with me and wants to try and put me in my place. NOW I wish I would have told her more! It's a damn soap opera! It does add a bit of excitement to my otherwise ordinary life, I might add. I told her that accepting apologies is a major social skill she needs to work on. I'm sure that didn't help at all. Oh well.........
Can't wait till next year's festivities. Somehow I don't think girlfriend will be joining us.
Peace out.....

4 comments:

Renae said...

Sharon !! Your hilarious ! LOL !! You sound like me.

Our weather has finally improved. Spring is here, but no sign of grass anywhere. We are still buried in snow until at least April. Just popped in to wish you and yours a very Happy Easter !! (((hugs)))

MommaMonkey said...

I was thinking about you on St. Patty's Day!

Hey, I wish I had the balls to say a few things to a few peeps in my fam. Maybe if I start hanging out with you more and getting my drink on, I'll build up enough liquid-courage to do it! ;)

You go girl!

Angel said...

remind me never to piss you off. mkay?

hugs!!!

Doug Bagley said...

Belated Happy Easter btw. "oh well" for the girlfriend.