Friday, February 9, 2007

Anna Nicole Smith

I can't get the death of Anna Nicole off my mind! I surely didn't know her. I definitely had no relationship with her. But everytime I saw her on T.V., or in the news for any reason, I felt sorry for her. She just seemed to me, to be a lost soul.
Her life was nothing to idolize, her every movement scrutinized and her character always in question. Yes, she did indeed bring it all on herself...but I can't help but wonder how she became who she was...or what she was perceived to be. How did Vicky Lynn (her birth name) BECOME Anna Nicole. I don't know the details of her childhood, but did she not have any guidance? I wonder. Did anyone make her feel loved or important? I think maybe her son Daniel was her only real love, and when he died maybe a part of her did too. And now her baby daughter is where? With whom? With her real dad? Will she ever know who that is? I wish I could take that little girl and give her a quiet normal life. I can only hope that some adult in her life will put her as a priority. Yes, I am saddened by the death of Anna Nicole Smith...maybe that sounds crazy. I guess it's because there always seemed to be a sadness about her, even with all the glitz and glam, like a little girl lost.
S.


For attractive lips , speak words of kindness.

For lovely eyes , seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair , let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.

For poise walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed,
and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.

As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

5 comments:

~d said...

(came to you thru CityMouse)
I liked Anna Nicole in her Guess days. I truly thought she was beautiful!
The reason I am here...
I am in New Orleans. Fred LeBlanc rocks! I loved, loved, LOVED Dash Rip Rock and I did make the transition to Cowboy Mouth, OK. but I wanted to link you to a true hardcore fan (and friend of mine, IRL)

Pleasure to meet you.

~d

This is Shane

MommaMonkey said...

I don't know what to think about the whoel Anna Nicole death. Last night as I flipped through channels, I heard news commentators say "Her life was a train-wreck". What does that say about us? We love to look at a good train wreck, I guess.

The worst part of it all is that baby girl will never know her mom. Does she have a chance? I hope so.

Greg Stallworth said...

Sharon, your comments/reflections regarding Anna Nicole were very thought provoking. it made me think along as well as Chels' question of does her baby stand a chance. I have a question to everyone on your blog site to answer. Don't we all have a little Anna Nicole Smith is us? You know, searching for something. That brings me to a poem that I wrote years ago titled searching.

Searching-

Searching for something that I never had

Looking for something good or bad

Risk I take some too few

Searching for something to say or do

In my searching I may come across

A broken lifestyle and at whose cost?

Stally!

LZ Blogger said...

I agree Anna Nicole's was a VERY SAD story... but more so... your added comments are PRICELESS! ~ jb///

Angel said...

I think the whole mess is so sad...all these men coming out of the woodwork, claiming to be the baby's father just so they can get their hands on some of that money. She was a very tragic figure....and I do think she died from heartbreak...and this Howard guy is strange....he seems really phoney with all of his "grief"...it's all so sad.