Sunday, June 24, 2007

Wanna Play Doctor?

I had several Dr. appointments last week. Since I have summers off I try to schedule them all at once. I began therapy for my foot. It seems to helped somewhat. The only uncomfortable part so far has been the ice massage. Ice applied to your bare skin is very unsettling. Cold, then pain, then numbness.
I also had my mammogram. The sweetest technician called me back when it was my turn. She spoke so softly and smiled to kindly. Well, let me tell you....looks can be deceiving! She smashed the hell out of my boobs! She had to keep repositioning me because it was so uncomfortable. I told her something was stuck in my armpit and she started laughing! She had to sit down for a minute to pull herself together. Meanwhile here I am, standing bare-breasted thinking "what the hell is so funny". She said it just made her giggle the way I said it. I almost asked her "when I smack you upside the head, is that going to make you giggle?" When she finally gained her composure, she had one more final squeeze and I got the hell out! Damn!
THEN...the next day I went for my gynecological visit. I have been seeing the same doctor for almost 20 years...he is as "hot" now as he was then. I dread going to the appointments. Not because of the exam, but because of how cute he is. It gets me all undone to look at him. My stomach turns and I get sweaty palms and armpits when I approach his office door. He always spends a few moments with you in his office to "chit-chat" before going into the examining room. I say as little as possible for fear of sounding unworthy of him. His exams are quick and no-nonsense yet very proficient. And when he is through, he always, ALWAYS, gives me a hug good-bye....in my paper gown and all!!!! I LOVE HIM!
Okay, enough talk of "him", I'm feeling worn out!
I still need to schedule my dentist appointment...somehow that experience is just not the same.

6 comments:

MommaMonkey said...

Oh my. You are asking for a big dose of uncomfortableness in one summer. You are a brave woman. I personally like to spread that out ove rhte year. Hope the dentist appointment goes better than the mammogram did!

Oh, and if you email me (I lost your email), I'll tell you who it was in the ER, if you haven't figured it out yet.

Renae said...

Wow, thats a lot of dr's appointments. I worked at a high school for 4 years , so I had the summers off as well. Now I don't, sniff sniff, lol !! Good luck with the dentist appointment. Take care and have a terrific week my friend.

Renae

Kelly said...

Hang in there!

Kate said...

Hi Sharon, thanks for visiting , and for the congrats. on our anniversary.
I know what you mean by having a good looking Dr.!! I had to go find a women Dr. just so I wouldn't have to go to my Dr. for anything major!! I only go for small things , like foot trouble, sore arm, etc.....Ha ha

Angel said...

man, my gyno is cute too...and I haven't been to see him in about....(whispering)10 yrs. I know, I know!! I should go! But god, it's so hard...to lay there on the table, with the cooter spread wide open for the whole world to see....and he's cute. I just can't. do. it.

Renae said...

Me again!! Lol, just popped by to wish you a happy 4th of July!!!

Renae