Monday, January 22, 2007

Old Flames

As much as I really wanted to get atleast one good snowfall this year, I'll admit I'm ready for it to go away now! It's beautiful on day one and the kids were gone for hours snowboarding, and sledding, and playing snow football. But ok, the thrill is gone. After the initial excitement, it's really not worth anything if you can't atleast get a day off school! If only it had held off for one more night. Oh well...
Not much new. Went to a fundraiser at my sons' school on Saturday. It was Ladies Night Bunko...ever played that? It's a simple dice game, but you rotate tables and end up meeting a lot of new people and reconnecting with some you haven't seen in years. It was a blast. $25 covered beer (bottled, I might add), wine, and cosmopolitans! What a deal. BUT....the servers were all men and who brought me my first drink? Only the first love of my life!!! Ooh boy, did I have a crush on him! I still get nervous when I think about it....and I got all giggly seeing him again..geez! Granted, time has not been especially kind to him...big belly, some balding and greying... but that personality was still there...what a charmer! Needless to say, I kept ordering drinks just so he could deliver them to me. Met his wife...not cute, very butch, that'll teach him!
But the B*^&# was friendly! Hard as I tried, I couldn't hate her! I can't wait to go back next year...hopefully he'll be serving again. I'm going to make sure I lose weight by then, and brush up on my vocabulary, and have some unbelievably exciting stories to tell him...he'll wonder why he ever looked twice at Ms. Butch Friendly!! I don't want him....I just want him to want me!!!

Peace out, my friends!

3 comments:

Greg Stallworth said...

Oh My God! What a awesome daytime soap story this would be. Even a romance novel. I love your description of his wife. As we know old flames are the most interesting ones to encounter. You know, kinda like class reunions. And that beer belly piece. How hilarious. What we will do before the next encounter is hang out at the St. Bernard pool and soak up some sun and get cute for the next time Okay?

Angel said...

You go girl!!!! Make him sorry he ever went with Butch!!!

How much fun was that? I would love to see if my old boyfriend is fat and balding and grey......with an ugly wife!

Sharon said...

Susieq-
Let's not talk about "seeing the attraction"....ie HOOK NOSE!!
Come on home and let's arrange a chance meeting...I'd like to see you perform!!
Sister!