Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy 2007!

Happy 2007! The Holidays are over and it's back to reality for me. Working in the school system is great if for no other reason than the breaks! Two weeks off can do a body and mind good. Christmas was great. Santa Gary did another fine job at Christmas shopping. I've come to realize how lucky I am with his gift giving skills. He loves to buy jewelry....which I am very thankful for!! Gary and the kids were all happy with their treasures from under the tree. Gary looks especially "harley hot" in his new hat and scarf I got him for when he rides in the cold months. My Molly-girl got a digital camera/video....she had a blast with that on Christmas Day, capturing pictures and video of our company. It was quite funny to watch it all the next day....especially the late night games around the dining room table! Andy and Collin both got new MP3 players which are constantly hooked up to their ears. Andy turned 16 on Christmas Day....amazing! New Years Eve was nice. This was the first year we didn't spend it as a family...there was something sad in that. Andy went to his girlfriends house. Collin was invited to a friends house. We have always spent it with other families but things have changed a little bit, the teenagers are getting older. Between us all, Molly was the only young one left. We decided to go out for dinner and drinks at our friends bar...a local establishment. Molly opted to stay at the neighbors house....she was really missing her buddy Michael, whom she has spent every New Years Eve with. She called me at 11:15 feeling a little blue...so I went to pick her up and brought her to the bar to spend New Years with us....the only 11 year old in the place!! Of course she brought her video camera with her. She ended up having a good time and I am so glad she was with us at midnight to ring in the new year.
So onto another year... I am filled with hope that it will hold peace and laughter and I am filled with faith that God will help me persevere if it is anything less than that. That whole faith thing really came in handy this past year...I'm hoping I don't have to call on it so much in 2007!!

S.

2 comments:

MommaMonkey said...

Happy New Year! Hope it will be filled with lots of "good" for you and your family!

Greg Stallworth said...

What a family! What a hubby! Best wishes for 2007!