Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Girlfriends

I have two good college friends named Jamie and Mary.
Jamie is a foot model. She models for different catalogs such as JC Penney and the like. She loves her job and is very successful at it, although she does have a bit of fungus under her big toe. Jamie use to be a soccer player and was "discovered" one day after a big game. She had put on her sports sandals and an agent who happened to be at the game noticed her feet and set her on her path of success.
Mary is a dancer. She travels around doing one-woman routines. The reason for the one-woman routine is that she also has anxiety. She becomes very anxious around other people. She dances beautifully but she must make sure to not make eye contact with anyone in the audience. It can be disastrous for her performance if she does. She does not like to talk with people to whom she is unfamiliar.
I met with the both of them this weekend in Michigan City to watch Mary perform.
Well, that's the story we told Frank, a guard at the Indiana State Penitentiary. We did indeed go to Michigan City....but it was strictly for a girls weekend away! Saturday was rather dreary so we ended up an Irish bar named Ryan's and didn't leave for 7 hours! That's where we met Frank! I'm not real sure that he believed the whole story or if he was just going along for the ride. In any case, it all just rolled off my tongue and took a life of it's own! Although I wasn't sure if Frank was beginning to tell stories of his own when he told me that his side job is to voluntarily teach people how to shoot firearms. OK then....
It was a great weekend. A LOT of laughing. And because we don't get to see each other too often, a lot of catching up. I love those girls! I love all my girlfriends. Each little circle is different from the other. Each circle provides me with different experiences and conversation. But ALWAYS, each circle is abundantly full of laughter! What a wonderful common thread!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

great post. I had a great college friend, Vanessa, who I had all kinds of wild and crazy adventures with. Your post made me think of those happy times.

Andrea said...

My roommate from college and I are still really close. We always laugh a lot too!

Thanks for commenting on my blog. :)

Renae said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time! Laughter is really good medicine. Especially when you are surrounded by ones you love and carry a history with. Good times had, and good times to come. Have a great day!

Renae

MommaMonkey said...

You crack me up. Glad you had a great time!!!!

Renae said...

Me again, just popped in to say Happy Easter, and I've started another blog. It's under my profile.It's called 'Ancient Pathway'. Have a good one!

Renae

Angel said...

what a great post and a tribute to your girlfriends! Friends are the best, esp. the ones you can laugh and pee your pants with!