Thursday, April 12, 2007

Don, Al, and Howard...Just To Mention A Few

DON IMUS GETS FIRED!
Whoopdy-Do!
Here's my one thought on this....Good decision, BUT....
I am really tired of hearing how the Rutger girls had their dreams taken away. How? I don't get it. How can one man's ignorance destroy their dreams? How can they give him that much ownership of themselves? He made a degrading comment and they deserve to be pissed. He deserves to hear it, too. But to allow that man (and I say that lightly) to have so much control is only giving him, and ignorance, power. I do think the girls have handled themselves with great restraint and dignity....I can't say that I wouldn't have had a few public words to say to him. And who the hell is Rev. Sharpton? He surely should not be pointing any fingers. He's made degrading remarks about Jews and Whites. Get off your big throne, Al. Don Imus is ignorant and has deserved this due for a long time. There are plenty more who need to leave the airwaves too....HOWARD STERN, FOR ONE, THANK YOU! Don't get me started on him. I'm all for Freedom of Speech, but what about the responsibility that comes with it. The responsibility that is rooted in kindness, respect, and sensibility. I'd love to have a private audience with a few of those people.
And FINALLY we know who Dannilynn's father is....I have to admit I was rooting for Larry, but I do feel a bit sorry for Howard K...don't ask me why, I just do.
That's it for now....I've been on spring break all week and the weather has been crappy. Been spending a lot of time on the couch...not good for the butt!!!

4 comments:

Renae said...

I've been so busy that I never did find out who the baby's real dad is. Larry..?..Wow.I too was rootin for Howard.
Thanks for the luck with my new job. I am a customer now back at the bar..LOL!!! Always have been when I was off. I'm a customer, babysitter, referee,hostess...lol! It dosn't stop.The new job's going good. I am so confused, but I think it will straighten out real soon once I get the flow of things. Take care. Have an awesome weekend.

Renae

MommaMonkey said...

I agree that it was pretty much a long time coming. But I think the hoop-la about the whole situation is out of control. And the media just feeds into it. Just fire him and move on.

And just by looking at Dannilyn I pretty figured out who her Daddy was/is. You really think Howard K. was appealing all that DNA testing because he WAS the father? He knew all along he wasn't that baby's Daddy. Another story that has gotten totally out of control, if you ask me.

Even though the weather has been crappy, I had you had a nice week off!

MommaMonkey said...

Oops, that's supposed to say, "I HOPE you had a nice week off." It's late.

Kelly said...

Another thing in the news that is garbage. :)